BUSINESS OPPORTUNITIES OF KHALIFA INDUSTRIAL ZONE ABU DHABI (KIZAD)
KIZAD is a free economic zone founded at the end of 2010 and which has a special status. It is adjacent to the port of Khalifa in Abu Dhabi (a 45-minute drive from Dubai) occupies a solid territory and is one of the largest investment projects initiated by the government of the emirate of Abu Dhabi.
After the construction of the international shipping port of Khalifa was completed, as well as the commissioning of vast storage facilities, KIZAD Abu Dhabi received the necessary resources to ensure smooth operation and attract foreign investment.
The strategically advantageous location at the intersection of trade arteries of the West and the East, the availability of perfect infrastructure providing access to road, rail, air and sea transport hubs provide investors with unlimited opportunities for solutions in the field of international logistics, as well as competitive access to regional sales markets.
Khalifa Industrial Zone is one of the largest industrial zones in the Middle East, providing the opportunity for free trade to international business and investors.
ADVANTAGES OF KIZAD COMPANIES
KIZAD company formation provides investors with such benefits:
- The possibility of 100% ownership of the company by foreign citizens;
- Exemption of business from corporate taxation;
- Import and export benefits;
- Shareholders independently distribute income and profits;
- Competitive rental prices for commercial and residential premises in KIZAD Free Zone;
- Relatively low cost of energy resources;
- No restrictions on the withdrawal of investment capital outside the jurisdiction;
- Lack of currency restrictions by the state;
- Perfect infrastructure, as well as the most modern equipment and technology;
- Preferential access to regional and local sales markets;
- One of the most secure free zones in terms of UAE banks.
DISTINGUISHED FEATURES OF KIZAD FREE ZONE
Companies in KIZAD can be of such types:
- Limited liability Company
- Company branch
Types of licenses available in this free zone:
- General Trade License;
- Service License;
- Trade License.
The number of directors for KIZAD company registration is at least one. They can only be individuals.
The number of shareholders is a minimum of 1 to a maximum of 50. There may be individuals and legal entities.
Paid minimum share capital is 100,000 AED or about $27,400. After registration of the company in Khalifa Industrial Zone Abu Dhabi, it is necessary to open a bank account of the company and deposit the authorized capital. The process of obtaining a visa from a company can be started only after a letter of deposit of the authorized capital is provided to the free zone.
OFFICE SPACES AVAILABLE FOR COMPANIES IN KIZAD UAE:
- Flexi Desk – a separate workplace in a common office, with the ability to use no more than 10 hours a week. The customer receives a dedicated phone number, a shared fax number, and a dedicated email address.
- Standard office.
The number of visas depends on the type of office/warehouse/land selected for conducting business.
An audit in KIZAD Industrial Zone is not mandatory, but each company must maintain internal records and keep relevant documents in the company’s office.
The company registration period is up to 10 business days from the date of submission of documents. This requires a personal visit of a shareholder or representative acting on the basis of a power of attorney legalized in the UAE.