Legalization of documents issued in other countries for use in the UAE
Legalization of foreign documents for individuals and legal entities are similar procedures that consist of the following stages.
- Notarization of a copy of a document.
- Legalized translation of a document into one of the languages: English or Arabic (if the document is in another language).
- Confirmation in the Ministry of Justice. Some countries have their own certification features, which you can learn about from our specialists.
- Confirmation from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the country where the document was issued.
- Confirmation from the UAE Consulate.
Documents of individuals that must be legalized to be valid in the UAE include birth certificates, marriage certificates, and other documents. There may also be additional stages of legalization depending on the type of document. For example, a diploma of education is additionally confirmed by the Ministry of Education.
Documents of legal entities that are subject to legalization include the Company Registration Certificate, extract from the Register, License, and other documents. Please note that the legalization of documents of legal entities is much more expensive than a similar procedure for individuals. More details can be found from the consultants of our company at the indicated telephone numbers.
Legalization of documents issued in the UAE for international use
Documents that were issued in the UAE for the purpose of use outside the country must also undergo legalization.
The procedure for legalizing documents of legal entities
The procedure for legalizing such documents depends on the government agency that has registered the legal entity. First of all, you need to get a certified copy.
- International companies and free zone companies must apply to the International Companies Registry through their registered agent.
- Offshore companies in the free zone must apply to the Registration Department at the place of registration.
- Companies with a local partner must contact a public notary or the Department of Economic Development.
Stages of legalization of documents of individuals
- Legalized translation of a document from Arabic to English.
- Certification of the translation by the government agency that issued the document.
- Certification of the document and translation by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the UAE.
- Certification of both documents at the Consulate or Embassy of the country where the document will be used.
The remaining stages of the procedure are standard and include certification of the certificate at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the UAE, at the Consulate or Embassy of the country where the document will be used.
Please note that translation from Arabic to English will only be made after a certified copy has been made. Translation into other languages can be done before certification at the consulate or embassy. The price of document legalization for legal entities is significantly higher than a similar procedure for individuals. You can find out the estimated cost from our consultants.
Dynasty Business Adviser’s certified specialists offer services for legalizing documents of individuals and legal entities in the shortest possible time. We guarantee a positive result. You can get comprehensive advice and answers to your questions by calling the specified phone number, via Skype, Viber, or through the feedback form.